Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- Taking on the Coronavirus — Stabilizing the Air and Rail Industries — Protecting Aerospace and Manufacturing Workers April 3, 2020HELLO AND WELCOME TO MACHINISTS ON THE HILL, a twice-monthly roundup of legislative advocacy on behalf of IAM members. Produced by: IAM Legislative and Communications Departments TAKING ON THE CORONAVIRUS: Thanks to your calls and messages and the around-the-clock advocacy of the IAM’s Legislative Department, the IAM and our allies were able to vastly improve the […]
- ‘We’ll Get It Done’: TCU-IAM Members Keeping Public Transit Safe in New York April 2, 2020TCU-IAM Cleaners on the Long Island Rail Road are on the job day-in and day-out, keeping trains and stations safe. WATCH: As Long as They Need Us to Get it Done, We’ll Get it Done “We have crews working all over the island,” said TCU-IAM Local 90 President Charles Quinn. “The majority of our customers are emergency […]
- IAM Resources Available for Our Nation’s Brave Healthcare Workers April 2, 2020The IAM is proud of our hardworking members on the front-lines during this pandemic, especially our many brave men and women in the healthcare industry. We honor these heroes are working tirelessly to help save lives. Here’s a link to some resources the IAM has made available to both current and future members in the healthcare industry […]
- IAM Urges End to Attacks on Federal Workers April 2, 2020The IAM sent a letter urging members of the U.S. Senate to support the Protecting Collective Bargaining and Official Time for Federal Workers Act, S. 3583. This legislation revokes the three Executive Orders and one memorandum that have dangerously weakened laws designed to protect federal employees and their rights on the job. READ: Executive Orders effect […]
- NFFE-IAM Local 1431 VA Workers at Risk April 2, 2020NFFE-IAM Local 1431 members, representing approximately 760 medical professionals at the East Orange, New Jersey Veteran Affairs(VA) Hospital, are on the front lines of the COVID-19 outbreak. NFFE-IAM members remain steadfast in their commitment to caring for our nation’s sick and wounded veterans, especially during this time of crisis. However, many are concerned about their […]
- Be a Patriot: Get Counted in the U.S. Census April 2, 2020Have you done your part as a U.S. citizen and filled out your 2020 Census Report? The U.S. Constitution mandates a population and housing count every 10 years. The data collected helps determine where more than $675 billion in federal funding is distributed to states and communities each year. In addition to determining funding for […]
- IAM Moves Forward in Face of Pandemic April 2, 2020As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grow, we honor hardworking IAM members across North America who are persevering through this crisis. The post IAM Moves Forward in Face of Pandemic appeared first on IAMAW.
- RESCHEDULED: 2020 IAM International President’s Capital Classic Golf Tournament, Benefiting U.S. Military Veterans at Charlotte Hall April 2, 2020Note: Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the 2020 IAM International President’s Capital Classic Golf Tournament has been rescheduled to Monday, September 28, 2020. The IAM is proud to announce that the 2nd annual IAM International President’s Capital Classic Golf Tournament will benefit U.S. military veterans at Charlotte Hall in Southern Maryland. Fill out and […]
- RRB Release – COVID-19 Impacting Railroad Retirement and Sickness Benefits April 1, 2020Based on the recent environment surrounding the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, issues are arising where railroad employees are being encouraged or requested to “voluntarily quarantine,” and/or “self-furlough.” Members need to understand the implications of doing so and the impact on their Railroad Retirement benefits and medical coverage. The U. S. Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) has developed […]
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information | IAM Midwest Territory April 1, 2020In an ongoing effort to help keep our membership updated and safe in these ever-changing times while dealing with the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, please review the latest documents released by the IAM Midwest Territory The post COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information | IAM Midwest Territory appeared first on IAMAW.