Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- The IAM Remembers Victims of the Aurora, IL Henry Pratt Shooting February 20, 2019The IAM mourns the loss of two IAM Local 1202 members and three employees of the Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, IL. The five victims were killed in a mass shooting that took place at the Henry Pratt facility on Friday, February 15, 2019. “The IAM family is distraught about the terrible tragedy at the […]
- The IAM Remembers Victims of the Aurora, IL Henry Pratt Shooting February 19, 2019The IAM mourns the loss of two IAM Local 1202 members and three employees of the Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, IL. The five victims were killed in a mass shooting that took place at the Henry Pratt facility on Friday, February 15, 2019. “The IAM family is distraught about the terrible tragedy at the […]
- A Progressive Political Push for Labor February 19, 2019Key members in the newly Democratic controlled House of Representatives say the powerful political body is unapologetic about its support for organized labor. The post A Progressive Political Push for Labor appeared first on IAMAW.
- IAM Statement on the Shooting at Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, IL February 16, 2019Media Contact: LaToya Egeukwe-Smith 815-404-1710 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 16, 2019 – The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) releases the following statement on the shooting at Henry Pratt Company in Aurora, IL. The more than 60 IAM members who work at the facility make specialized valves for municipal water systems. They are […]
- Employment and Wages for Production and Nonsupervisory Workers, January 2019 February 15, 2019Employment of production and nonsupervisory employees (a good measure for rand and file workers) showed that private sector added 274,000 jobs compared to 110,000 jobs in December. Read More The post Employment and Wages for Production and Nonsupervisory Workers, January 2019 appeared first on IAMAW.
- December 2018 Wrench & Wood Newsletter February 14, 2019View your copy of the December 2018 Wrench & Wood newsletter. The post December 2018 Wrench & Wood Newsletter appeared first on IAMAW.
- The Fight is Not Over February 14, 2019Washington lawmakers recently agreed on a spending package to avoid another government shutdown. The spending package includes a 1.9 percent pay raise for federal employees. It does not include back pay for more than 1 million federal contract workers, like many IAM members who work alongside federal employees from NASA to the FAA. “The rejection […]
- Iowa Prince Hydraulics Shutters Plant after 78 Years February 14, 2019More than 30 members of IAM Local 1426 in Sioux City, Iowa are out of work after their employer, Prince Hydraulics Company, permanently closed its doors Friday, January 18, 2019, without any advanced notice. The plant had been manufacturing hydraulic cylinders, valves, and pumps since 1941. “I have seen several plant closings in my time […]
- A Harley Cinderella Story February 14, 2019During the Christmas break, machinist member Tony Daubs received a phone call from his local lodge president Sam Daniel. “I said, ‘You’re bluffing me Sam’ and I hung up the phone,” remembers Daubs and laughs as he tells the story. “I just couldn’t believe it was true.” But, it was! Thirty-three year IAM member Tony […]
- IAM Members at Aberdeen Proving Grounds Ratify New Contract February 14, 2019Forty-two members of IAM Local 186 working as federal contractors at Aberdeen Proving Ground ratified a three-year contract with employer Jacobs Technology. The contract guarantees wage increases of 3 percent every year, improved employer contributions to health insurance, improved employer pension contributions and improved language for bereavement leave and jury duty. The members successfully resisted […]