Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- IAM Communications Department Wins Labor Journalism Honors October 22, 2019The IAM Communications Department has been recognized as one of the best communications teams in the labor movement by winning eight awards in the International Labor Communications Association’s 2019 Labor Media Contest. The annual ILCA Labor Media Awards Contest recognizes excellence among union publications, websites, film, video, and other media. It is the first and […]
- Striking Local 708 Members Back to Work October 22, 2019“The members of Local 708 stood in solidarity and were able to obtain several gains in their agreement,” said Chief Negotiator Tyson Kelly. “We do not arrive at the bargaining table to negotiate strikes; we are there to bargain for reasonable agreements and that is what we were able to achieve for our brothers and […]
- Tell the Senate to Support Repeal of So-Called ‘Cadillac Tax’ October 22, 2019Thank you for helping us get the House to successfully pass the bipartisan Middle-class Health Benefits Tax Repeal of 2019. That 419-to-6 vote moves us closer to our goal of getting both the House and Senate to pass the legislation that would repeal the 40 percent health benefits tax on employer-sponsored healthcare, also known as […]
- A Railroad Tradition October 21, 2019Hornell, NY IAM Local 2741 members take pride in their work to build and refurbish trains that travel across the country. Now they are building the country’s first high-speed trains for Amtrak. The post A Railroad Tradition appeared first on IAMAW.
- Donating Life October 21, 2019IAM Transportation Local 1044 Member Michael Bukta wanted to donate his kidney to his best friend Chuck. It didn’t work out that way, but it worked out better. The post Donating Life appeared first on IAMAW.
- TCU Member Publishes Op-Ed in Roanoke Times – Our Jobs ARE Going to Mexico October 17, 2019Fred Owens is a third-generation worker at FreightCar America Roanoke and President of The Transportation Communications Union (TCU), Carmen Division Local 6016. Since 2005, Roanoke residents have assembled rail freight cars for FreightCar America (FCA). And before that, Norfolk Southern Railroad. And before that, Norfolk & Western Railway — arguably the principal reason why Roanoke […]
- Rail Labor and Management Continue Calls For Increased Funding For Railroad Retirement Board October 17, 2019A joint letter was written to Congress from the Rail Labor Division (RLD) of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD) of which TCU is a member and the Association of American Railroads (AAR), requesting full funding of the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB). The letter reads: On behalf of the Association of American Railroads (AAR) and […]
- Workers Wonder if Lost Roanoke’s FreightCar Jobs Will Roll to Mexico October 17, 2019“Seriously, what else would you call closing an American facility and opening one in Mexico six months later?” wrote Fred Owens, a third-generation worker at FreightCar America Roanoke and President of the TCU-IAM Carmen Division Local 6016. “And why else were we certified for Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) by the Department of Labor, which only […]
- Military Therapists Take the Fight to Management: A Military and Family Life Counselors (MFLC) Update October 17, 2019The joint nationwide MFLC organizing campaign by the Western Territory and the IAM Healthcare Department is proud to announce two more victories. The first at Ft. Benning, GA and the second at Ft. Bragg, NC. The 36 new Military and Family Life Counselors seized the moment and will now be on equal ground with management, […]
- Celebrando las Contribuciones de los Afiliados Hispanos de la IAM October 17, 2019La IAM se enorgullece de su papel como un feroz defensor de los trabajadores hispanohablantes. A medida que las poblaciones hispanas y latinas crecen en América del Norte, la IAM se ha adaptado para brindar servicios a nuestras Hermanas y Hermanos. Todas las clases de inglés en el campus educativo del sur de Maryland de […]