Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- IAM Helps Hurricane Victims in Florida October 19, 2018The International Association of Machinists dispatched its Disaster Services Department to the devastating scene in the Florida Panhandle where Hurricane Michael destroyed neighborhoods and claimed lives. The post IAM Helps Hurricane Victims in Florida appeared first on IAMAW.
- Real Earnings and Inflation October 19, 2018The real average hourly earnings for all employees increased 0.3 percent from August to September. Find out more information. The post Real Earnings and Inflation appeared first on IAMAW.
- Congratulations, IAM Communications Contest Winners! October 18, 2018IAM members from 20 local lodges and seven district lodges, representing every territory within our union, have been announced as winners in the IAM Communications Contest. Visit contest.goIAM.org to see all the winners. Each year the IAM recognizes the best Local and District newsletters, websites and photography. Winning photographs will be featured in the 2019 […]
- IAM Journal Sneak Peak: Rising to the Challenge in Texarkana October 18, 2018The Winter 2018-2019 IAM Journal will be hitting the doorsteps on IAM members by early November. Here’s a first look at one of several articles in this edition. Situated just west of Texarkana, TX, Red River Army Depot, or RRAD, covers a 50 square mile area and comprises upwards of 1,400 buildings. Since 1941 the […]
- Last Chance for Discounted Hotel Rate for Guide Dogs Charity Weekend October 18, 2018If you have not yet made plans to attend the Guide Dogs of America Charity Weekend in Las Vegas, you still have time to join the festivities. The deadline for special hotel room rates is today, Thursday, October 18. Book your room online today. Be sure to use the group code SPDOG8. Register early for […]
- ITF Congress Elects IAM/TCU Reps to Key Leadership Positions October 18, 2018The 44th International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF) Congress is taking place this week in Singapore to develop strategies to protect transportation workers globally. The Congress of more than 2,400 delegates, the biggest ITF Congress to date, elected several IAM and TCU officials to leadership positions. IAM Transportation General Vice President (GVP) Sito Pantoja and […]
- IN A SHOW OF SOLIDARITY WEYCO WORKERS RATIFY A CONTRACT October 17, 2018District Lodge W24 had a busy start this year, preparing for several Woods products contract re-openers. Bargaining had been underway at Weyerhaeuser in Oregon and Washington over the summer months. These negotiations proved difficult and at times tenuous as the crews held a 90 percent strike vote. They then voted on a third proposal and […]
- Wrench & Wood August 2018 October 17, 2018View your copy of the August 2018 Wrench & Wood newsletter. The post Wrench & Wood August 2018 appeared first on IAMAW.
- Air Canada employees feared reprisal for reporting safety concerns, Transport Canada found October 17, 2018Air Canada employees feared they would be punished by managers if they reported safety concerns, according to a never-before released report from a 2013 government inspection of the country’s largest airline. The finding by Transport Canada raises questions about the strength of the airline’s internal system meant to flag risks before they become safety problems. […]
- IP Martinez, GVP Allen Fire Up Membership at District 751 Solidarity Conference October 16, 2018Over 300 members of IAM District 751 attended a Member Solidarity Conference last weekend in Seattle. District leadership puts on the conference to educate members on the power they have when standing together in unity. View photos from the Solidarity Conference on the IAM Facebook page. “I appreciated that so many members attended on their […]