Membership Meeting 2nd Wednesday of the Month 4:00pm Location of the Meeting: IAM Local 1781:1511 Rollins Road,Burlingame, CA 94010
- Senate Passes Budget that Slashes Medicare and Medicaid, Offers More Tax Breaks to the Wealthy October 21, 2017The U.S. Senate voted 51-49 on Thursday to pass a budget that requires cuts of $473 billion from Medicare and about $1 trillion from Medicaid over the next 10 years. The measure is estimated to add $1.5 trillion to the deficit over the next 10 years. The Senate also adopted a last minute amendment eliminating […]
- A Daughter’s Heartwarming Letter to Her IAM Father October 20, 2017When IAM Midwest Territory Grand Lodge Representative Rick Mickschl, a second generation 37-year IAM member, sat down to check his inbox last September, he was moved by what he found. It was an email from his 22-year-old daughter, Aly, in California. But this wasn’t just any email. It was an email Rick says he will […]
- Union Plus Relief Information for Those Impacted by the California Wildfires October 20, 2017Grants are being offered to eligible members who have had a Union Plus credit card for 3 months, or participated in a Union Plus mortgage or one of the insurance programs for at least 12 months with the account or policy in good standing. Applicants must reside in a FEMA designated area and have experienced […]
- Railroad Retirement Benefits to Increase in 2018 October 20, 2017Most railroad retirement annuities, like social security benefits, are scheduled to increase in January 2018 on the basis of the rise in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) from the third quarter of 2016 to the corresponding period of the current year. Cost-of-living increases are calculated in both the tier I and tier II benefits included […]
- THE DRUG INDUSTRY’S TRIUMPH OVER THE DEA October 19, 2017THE DRUG INDUSTRY’S TRIUMPH OVER THE DEA The post THE DRUG INDUSTRY’S TRIUMPH OVER THE DEA appeared first on IAMAW.
- FENTANYL IS NOW THE LEADING CAUSE OF US OVERDOSE DEATHS October 19, 2017FENTANYL IS NOW THE LEADING CAUSE OF US OVERDOSE DEATH The post FENTANYL IS NOW THE LEADING CAUSE OF US OVERDOSE DEATHS appeared first on IAMAW.
- MEDICAL EXAMINER QUITS THE MORGUE October 19, 2017MEDICAL EXAMINER QUITS THE MORGUE The post MEDICAL EXAMINER QUITS THE MORGUE appeared first on IAMAW.
- Swissport Workers Overwhelmingly Vote for IAM Representation October 19, 2017Seeking improved working conditions, a better quality of life for their families and fairness on the job, 35 Swissport Fuelers and Dispatchers at Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) this week overwhelmingly voted for IAM representation. Their desire to form a union and join the IAM was clear, as they collected in less than a week the […]
- Wisconsin IAM Local 1564 Completes IAM Field Negotiation Prep Class October 19, 2017Members of the IAM Local 1564 Bargaining Committee for upcoming negotiations with food and beverage container-maker Silgan Containers in Oconomowoc, WI didn’t have to go far in order to take part in their union’s specialized training program for contract negotiations. Instead of traveling from Oconomowoc, WI to the IAM’s William W. Winpisinger (WWW) Education and […]
- You Asked and GDA Got It! October 19, 2017The discounted Paris Hotel rates are now available through October 23rd. Guide Dogs of America’s 37th Annual William W. Winpisinger Charity Banquet is November 18th. So get your playbook in order and act now before the clock runs out! Go to: https://aws.passkey.com/go/SPDOG7 Our group code is SPDOG7. The post You Asked and GDA Got It! […]